SIPA Contract Administrative Associate – Active October 24th, 2022
The Saskatchewan Irrigation Projects Association (SIPA) is a farmer-run organization that works to support the irrigation sector and its membership throughout Saskatchewan.
SIPA is seeking to fill a one-year contract for a part-time administrate associate immediately. SIPA offers a competitive wage, a flexible schedule and considerable room for advancement in business and policy management as our organization grows. This position requires with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week, a maximum of 70 hours per month. The successful applicant must be reasonably available to provide minutes and note-taking for meetings as needed, occasionally outside regular business hours if advanced notice is provided. Work will primarily be virtual but in-person availability for some weekly time in-office in Outlook Saskatchewan is considered an asset.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Note-taking and minutes/agenda preparation and distribution in a timely manner.
- Document editing for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.
- Drafting communications with director support.
- Meeting scheduling and management of SIPA’s administrative email address and contact number.
Maintaining Records System (Database Management)
- Creating, maintaining, and updating the database for membership fees and keeping track of renewal dates.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating the database for sponsorship and keeping track of renewal dates.
- OneDrive shared file management and maintaining electronic filing system.
Meeting and Engagement Preparation
- Planning, budgeting, and preparing for member and sponsorship engagement meetings and presentations under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Preparing communications background work to ensure communications are maintained with stakeholders.
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently and seek assistance when necessary.
- Ability to actively contribute input and feedback to the team.
- Strong presentation skills are an asset.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and presentation skills.
- A high level of comfort with computers and electronic communications.
- Reasonable schedule flexibility.
- Completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Experience with QuickBooks is considered an asset.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and wage expectations and willingness for in-office time to JillianBrown.email@example.com. This position will remain vacant until filled.