- Pursued funding for replacement of bridges on RM road allowances within the irrigation districts.
- Continued work on the Upper Qu’Appelle Water Conveyance Project:
- Held meetings with Qu’Appelle South Irrigation Project committee
- Provided input on the Moose Jaw – Regina Industrial Corridor
- Contributed towards formation of an irrigation district (currently pending)
- Ongoing review of funding options for SIPA, including memberships.
- Researched and recommended infill and rehabilitation funding policies.
- Provided input to the Growing Forward II Federal/Provincial Program.
- Organized and hosted the summer Upper Qu’Appelle Water Supply bus tour.
- Published irrigation and water articles and a study on high volume vegetable production in Saskatchewan as components of the Agriculture Council projects.
- Provided support for continuation of viable irrigation in Southwest Saskatchewan.
- Held discussions regarding location of SaskPower and staffing of linesmen for services to irrigation districts and three-phase power installation.
- Reviewed and proposed amendments to bylaws regarding the election and appointment of SIPA board members to ensure sustainable operations of SIPA.
Workshops and Presentations
- Drainage in Irrigation Districts – presentation and field demonstration at CSIDC field day.
- Presentation made at the Irrigation Branch fall conference.
- Attended several climate change workshops and meetings with federal and provincial governments and the Saskatchewan universities.
- Held several discussions with the new Water Security Agency concerning water licensing and allocation in Saskatchewan and the 25 Year Water Security Plan.
- Provided representation on various watershed advisory committees.
- Held meetings with selected provincial cabinet ministers, MLAs and MPs.
- Attended the annual meetings of irrigation districts.
- Attended discussions regarding the Irrigation Development Corporation.
- Participated in meetings regarding the Provincial Water Management Strategy
- Representatives of SIPA appointed to CSIDCs EMC in Outlook and ICDCs board.