- Canada Saskatchewan Water Supply Expansion Program
- Worked on submissions to the Tier III program to explain the economic benefits of irrigation in Saskatchewan and prepared educational materials.
- The tender for a study on the benefits of irrigation to agriculture and society was awarded to Clifton Associates Ltd.
- Held meetings with the federal and provincial representatives of the program.
- Participated in meetings and made press releases regarding the studies.
- Held a joint meeting with representatives of the Lake Diefenbaker Irrigation Development area projects/irrigation districts studied: Westside, Luck Lake, Riverhurst, South Saskatchewan River and Qu’Appelle
- Strategic Planning – Reviewed and updated SIPAs strategic plan and discussed funding options.
Workshops and Presentations
- Participated in AAFC AG Forum II Workshop in Winnipeg.
- Made a presentation about SIPA and the five Lake Diefenbaker irrigation expansion studies at the CWRA national conference held in Saskatoon.
- Presentation to the board of the Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation.
- Participated in the workshop with Agriculture Canada regarding the next agriculture census.
- Participated in an AAFC irrigation strategy workshop.
- Presentation to Acting Director General of PFRA.
- Gave several interviews to the media, including the Calgary Herald.
- Attended a forum on climate change with PFRA and University of Regina which included findings from a comparisons of Saskatchewan and Chile
- Participated in the several trade shows, including a booth in Irrigation Alley at the Crop Production Show, the SUMA trade show, the CWRA national conference, the AIPA annual conference and the CSIDC Field Day.
- Participated in the Watershed Planning Committee meetings in Moose Jaw, Qu’Appelle and Lake Diefenbaker Water sheds. Attended the provincial meeting and a 2-day Qu’Appelle South workshop regarding watershed management and the Qu’Appelle conveyance project.
- Participated in CSIDC executive and strategic planning meetings and agreed to become full partners under a new CSIDC management agreement signed this year.
- Board members participated in meetings with PFRA regarding the federal irrigation projects transitions in south west Saskatchewan
- We had numerous informal meetings with SAF staff and correspondence with the minister and the department
- We had several meetings with staff of PFRA and CSIDC.
- Held a number of meetings with Saskatchewan Crop Insurance staff. Topics discussed: division of dry land and irrigated crops, yield level coverage, spot loss hail, new crops and establishing individual yield history.
- Board member participated in the FLAG meetings.
- Representative appointed to the new SWA Provincial advisory board and attended the first meeting.
- Participated in the premier’s Climate Change Forum.
- Attended public meetings on bio fuels and had discussions with the Ethanol Development Council.
- Met with Irrigation Branch staff to discuss policies for new infill, rehabilitation and expansion policies.
- Participated in planning for the CSIDC field day.
- Accepted an invitation to attend the pre-budget agriculture briefing address of the SAF Minister.